Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Using Writely to create HTML Documents for Real Estate Ads

I thought I'd try using Googles writely (Now out under the Google Docs and Spreadsheets umbrella) to create a post. All the color, bold, italic, and hyperlink below were done without knowing the html tags, but rather by using menu items similar to Microsoft Word.

My folks Business is a Southern Michigan Real Estate Company

In addition to working on their webiste, I am also tinkering with a Fun Trivia Site about People

The site also lets me post directly to to my real estate technology blog without having to cut and paste at all, creating even more value for me as a user. Definitely worth a look for both the html challenged, and those who know html but just want to write, and not deal with tags.

If your intersted in posting real estate ads on sites like craigslist and backpage - which allow you to insert the html - you could create the document in the Writely document editor, then select "edit html", and then paste the html into the appropriate spot in your craigslist or backpage ad.

As I have hinted before, more on sites to post free real estate listings on coming soon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I figured I should chime in at this point and fess up about a more recent attempt to use writely. I tried it for my subsequest article (5 things ....) and to be honest, had all kinds of problems this time. I don't quite recall the details, but the main thing was when I tried to port it over I couldn't get the formatting good, so I basically had to cut and paste the non-html portions and reformat, which was a real pain. Oh well. I am still a big believer in the quest for high level editing tools though, and will keep looking and trying. Also, I don't know if they enhanced them or I just missed them before, but blogger.com itself has some of this functionality.